The beautiful unspoiled Caribbean island of Nevis is offering a season of exciting new activities to entice travelers seeking a memorable vacation.
The Four Seasons Resort Nevis is bringing the season to life with everything from Caribbean-themed dining under the stars to the biggest beach party to ring in the New Year. With panoramic views, spacious villas, secluded beach cabanas and an endless array of watersports and island activities there is literally something for everyone, Here are some of the newer activities:
• Be the Bartender or Pastry Chef during “mocktail” making with Chief Mixologist Kendie Williams and cookie decorating classes with one of the resort’s talented pastry chefs
• Listen to Jumbi Stories (Nevisian ghost stories) around a beach bonfire or at Nevis’ haunted mansion on the hill and release lanterns into the starry night sky in celebration of the New Year.
• Full Moon New Year Night Golf will also be offered to experience golf in a whole new way – under the glow of the new full moon on holes 1, 2 and 3, illuminated by glow sticks and lights. Using glow in the dark golf balls, players will be challenged to sink a hole in one.
The Hermitage Inn, a historic plantation inn in a tropical setting is introducing:
• “Monday Night Cocktails & Conversation.” Hosted by owner, Richard Lupinacci, each Monday evening will feature a special guest – a local resident or esteemed visitor — who will talk about their Nevis experience.
• The very popular Hermitage “Author in Residence” program will continues in 2018, where in winter. In the winter, a published author stays at the Inn and holds an intimate conversation to share their work with a select audience. This program was launched in 2016 with American journalist and funnyman, Calvin Trillin; in 2017, Dr June
Goodfield, writer, scientist and nascent filmmaker (in her young nineties) screened her documentary (filmed in Nevis), “Rivers of Time”.
Montpelier Plantation & Beach has two very special weeks slated for the season:
• November 15 – 21 will feature Tennis Week with USPTA Pro Wendy Tauscheck who returns to the resort to help guests develop their tennis skills and techniques.
• Yoga Week, December 3 – 9 will host instructor Patti Coan. Guests are invited to unwind and discover with Samapatti Yoga ¬ a state of equilibrium or stillness of the mind rooted in the science and philosophy of Raja Yoga, the royal path. Following the Himalayan tradition, the practice explores the union of body and mind through breathing.
Nisbet Plantation Beach Club, the only plantation inn located on the beach:
• Will hold Staff vs. Guests volley ball tournaments every Sunday from 4-6 pm
Getting to Nevis will get even easier as Tradewinds Aviation has announced scheduled flights to Nevis from both San Juan and Antigua (new). Both scheduled routes will begin on December 15th
· San Juan – Nevis will operate 5 days per week
· Antigua – Nevis will operate 2 days per week